As part of a larger contract with the Pennsylvania Land Trust Association, Liquid Media has re-developed their main site — conserveland.org using Ruby on Rails. It went live today. Some of its features include:
- An extensive, brand-new open source content management system developed by Liquid Media.
- A “conserved real estate for sale” tool to help land owners sell their conserved land.
- An extensive conference management tool which allows workshop presenters to make a proposal, get the proposal ranked and accepted by reviewers, and manage handouts, slides and other resources
- A blog hosted at WordPress.com and integrated directly with the site.
- Daily news uploads from MyPLS — the Pennsylvania Legislative Services community portal — integrated onto the home page.
- Conservation Job listings
We think the site looks great, and we’re excited to see where PALTA is going to take it!